If you are not generating the revenue you would like – or just want to grow further – you need a complete Marketing Strategy
Our new online tool enables small business owners and managers to develop a strategy by just answering a series of questions online.
Many small businesses think that marketing is creativity or good looking ads – or such like.
But like all other aspects of business, the key to marketing is to have a systematic step by step system
The strategy reflects our SBA Marketing System with the following steps:
- Target Markets – describe your target market as specifically as possible. Many new business owners worry about losing potential customers and make the mistake of trying to be all things to all people. Don’t make this mistake. Narrow your target market.
- Demographics (eg Age, Gender, Geography, Income, Education, Work, Family)
- Specific Problem
- Specific Niche
- USP – this is your Unique Selling Proposition. What is it that set you apart from your competitors? Note the word ‘unique’. This needs to be something that nobody else is offering. For example, your USP can’t be ‘great service’ because all your competitors would say the same thing and its therefore not unique. Even ‘best service’ is probably not unique. But what if you said “our service is so good that we guarantee your satisfaction or your money back”. OK, now your getting there. The whole point of this is to stand out from the crowd and you do that by being unique. Include as many USP’s as possible.
- What Are You Selling – Yourself, Service, Product, System
- Whats Your Unique Angle (Unique benefit, features, track record, presentation, method, level of quality, level of customization, experience, bundle, pricing or payment plan?)
- Negative Promise. (This doesn’t have, contain, include, cost, waste, consume, result in, involve or require)
- Timeframe. (Positive outcomes that happen before or after..; Negative outcomes that won’t happen before or after…)
- An “Or Else”. (We’ll refund, replace, redo, pay)
- Image – this is about your brand. Unlike what some experts say, we dont regard your brand as being everything; but we do regard it as being important.
- Marketing Materials. What materials will you need in terms of websites, flyers, business cards etc?
- Lead Generation – how will people get to know about your business? In the online world, this is also known as ‘traffic’. There are generally 3 types of lead generation – Advertising, Referrals (or Word of Mouth) and Public Relations. Describe under each of these what you intend to do and what your call to action will be, eg buy now online, email us, call, etc.
- Advertising Ideas (Include phrases that people might google)
- Public Relations
- Lead Conversion – once you get a lead, how are you going to convert that lead? Do you need systems for answering phone calls, responding to emails, etc.
- Objectives and Measurement – set out specific objectives for the next 3 months – include both tasks and targets
- Next Actions Steps – what are your next action steps
- Receive a copy of this Strategy